Break the boredom of lockdown with online art classes headed by an experienced artist. Enjoy high-quality, step-by-step art courses for kids of all ages, covering several disciplines. Our term 4 classes will include drawing, painting and clay sculpting. Let your kids develop their art skills while having fun at the same time; they will enjoy working with paint, ink, markers, pastel and modelling clay. We can even take it a step further and work with improvised tools and mediums, such as food colouring, coffee or tea, and turn them into a unique creation using cotton buds, skewers or tiny hands.
Online Art Classes for Kids
We are still accepting enrolments. Call Jane on 0425 361 897 to secure your spot. If you have 2 or more kids this discount is available for you all the time.
We have launched our September/October School Holiday Workshops to help you at home with a guaranteed boredom buster. The lockdown has been extended to the end of September, so all the scheduled workshops will run as Zoom classes. To make it easy they will be drawing based on the theme listed for the in studio workshop. Yes, you can use your Creative Kids Voucher – it will give you 2 workshops. All bookings are online now until after lockdown.
We are offering these workshops at a special discounted price, so go on, deal with the cabin fever, stay calm and make a booking.
What is it?
Unlike tutorial videos that you can easily find online, signing up for one of our classes means that your kids will be able to interact with their teacher in real-time. They can ask for help, get feedback and show their work to the rest of the class. And aside from learning how to draw and paint, your kids will get to socialise with other children from the same age group and make new friends along the way.
Rest assured that our art classes are all age-appropriate, so you won’t have to worry if whether your kids will be able to keep up with the lessons. Our courses have all been designed to develop the natural talent that all kids possess and learn various other skills that making art provides.
For Mums, Dads and the Kids at Heart
Parents need not feel left behind because we also offer art and craft classes for adults online. Our term 4 workshops are now accepting enrolees, and you can choose from painting in acrylics, drawing, playing with paint and print, playing with ink, clay sculpting and classes that feature a little bit of everything.
We are offering these workshops at special discounted prices to reach more people and help them get through the monotony of being locked down. All Term 4 classes will start online, and, hopefully, when we get our jabs and restrictions ease up, we can get back to our studio here in Burwood, right outside of Sydney.
Don’t worry about your materials because we will be sending Art Packs to our students so you can make a wide range of artwork right from the safety of your home. Don’t hesitate to send us a message for any enquiry you might have.
We look forward to hearing from you. Feel free to check out the Kidz Artworkx Facebook page to see some of our kids’ featured creations.
- Computer, Laptop, Tablet or other device that can run Zoom
- An internet connection
- Enough space to get a little messy!
- A few basic art materials such as paper (printing paper is fine), pencils, eraser, textas, coloured pencils. (Materials are provided for Term 4 classes)
- Any classes including collage will require scissors, glue and paper. The paper could be brown paper, graph paper, wrapping paper, coloured paper, paper napkins, paper plates, tissue paper, paper bags, magazines, newspapers, catalogues, writing pad or anything that you have that can be cut up and glued down.
- Mixed Media & Draw, Paint & Collage workshops, kids will need paper for collage, scissors, and things like cold tea, cold black coffee, food colouring, alternative brushes like sponges, textured fabric. e.g. chux, skewers, cotton buds and anything else that you have that might work.
- Of course, if you have your own art stuff at home you can use any of that too!
If by chance you haven’t joined the Zoom world, this is what to do:
How to join a Zoom meeting on a web browser
- Open Chrome.
- Go to join.zoom.us.
- Enter your meeting ID provided by the host/organizer.
- Click Join. If this is your first time joining from Google Chrome, you will be asked to open the Zoom client to join the meeting.
How to join a Zoom meeting on desktop
- Open the Zoom desktop client.
- Join a meeting using one of the methods below:
- Click Join a Meeting if you want to join without signing in.
- Sign in to Zoom then click Join.
- Enter the meeting ID number and your display name.
- If you’re signed in, change your name if you don’t want your default name to appear.
- If you’re not signed in, enter a display name.
- Select if you would like to connect audio and/or video and click Join.
How It Works
Before the day:
- Book your class online, the ages are listed for each class. You can view our available courses here.
- The day before your workshop I will send the Zoom invitation and a selection of images. Please make sure your email settings will allow the delivery of a large file. Your kid/s will need to choose 1 or more of these to use as references for the workshop. I will tell you the best size to print the images, e.g. 1 image/A4 page or 4 images /A4 page, the minimum you need and whether they need to be in black and white or colour.
On the day:
- On the day, set up your computer, a workspace, the materials and references you need for your workshop.
- Try and be reasonably close to your modem for the best internet and set up where you will have good lighting. If you sit facing the light, it is better than having a bright light behind you.
- Make sure your volume is set at maximum.
- After saying Hi to everyone and introductions, I will give them the first round of instructions and ask kids to adjust their camera so I can see what they are doing. Then I will circle around to each student to see how they are doing and if they need any help.
- If I can’t see the work very well, I may ask you to take a photo on a phone and send it to me so I can assist you.
- Halfway through the session we will have a 20 minute break. This is unsupervised and kids can have a break from the screen, have a snack and a bathroom break.
- At the end I will get the kids to share what they have done with the other participants and you can submit a photo of the completed masterpiece to us so we can put showcase some of the beautiful art up on our socials.
About Our Art Classes
- Our kids art classes are limited to 10 children, which is great for social interaction and guarantees plenty of time for everyone to get lots of attention.
- Our workshops are designed by a highly qualified Visual Arts Teacher (Diploma of Education), with over 25 years of classroom experience.
- Activities are selected according to the developmental ages and stages of the kids in the class.
- Students will experience a wide range of materials for making art, and they’ll be taught various techniques for these materials and given plenty of opportunities to explore different themes in our art activities for kids.
- Kids will enjoy making art in a variety of media, including ceramics (claywork), printing, drawing, painting, sculpture, collage, design, photography and installations.
- Examples of artists’ works will be used to help expand your child’s general knowledge about artworks and the artmaking process.
- Aspects of art theory will be integrated into the activities, including the basic language of art and art principles.
Want to receive $100 off your next Kids Art Session? We are accepting Creative Kids Vouchers.
It entitles you to $100 cash value towards any of our classes at Kidz Artworx. The voucher will expire at the end of the year, so take advantage of this great offer! If you wish to use the voucher just select yes on the payment page and you will be prompted to provide the information we need to process the voucher.
Holiday Workshop Information
Kidz Artworx have workshops in the morning and the afternoon from 9.30am-12.30pm and 1.30pm-4.30pm to suit everyone.
The ages listed are a guide, if you have 2 kids in different age groups and you want them to do a class together, we can accommodate that. Generally, the 8-12yrs activities are too difficult for younger kids, but older ones will be fine with the younger activities. We can always modify an activity if need be. If you have older kids that are interested they are welcome too. Dress for mess!
Just a heads up, we are booking up quickly. Classes that have spaces available will be able to added to your cart.